What products are eligible for recycling?
Li Tong Group will accept all types of Apple-branded products for recycling - List of products and equipment accepted.
Where do I take my Apple-branded products for recycling?
Li Tong Group has developed a simple "Free of Charge" process to start recycling your Apple-branded products - Here is the process.
Can I have my Apple-branded products to be recycled picked up by DHL ?
No, DHL delivery drivers cannot scan the pre-paid mailing labels sent to you by e-mail. You must take it to the nearest DHL location. To find the nearest location, visit www.dhl.com.
Do I have to delete my personal data on my computer and electronic equipment?
Yes, Li Tong Group recommends for your personal protection that before you take your computers and electronic products to DHL for shipping, you should (a) delete all personal and confidential information on all hard drives and any other storage devices in the computers and electronic products (b) remove any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs/DVDs, or PC Cards.
Li Tong Group will not be, in any way, responsible for personal or confidential data that is not deleted from the computers and electronic devices before they are taken to DHL for shipping.
Does Li Tong Group do data destruction on the computers and electronic products returned for recycling?
Yes, Li Tong Group provides data destruction on all computers and hard drives received in accordance with Department of Defense (5220.22M).
Step 1: Customer needs to supply all packing materials
- Select heavy-duty corrugated cardboard box(es) that are sturdy enough to hold and protect the products and equipment that you wish to ship.
You are not required to use new boxes, but the boxes you choose must be heavy-duty, sturdy and in good condition (no holes, tears, crushed sections, or signs of water damage).
If you do not have an appropriate box, contact your local shipment packaging material center or contact a DHL Center in your area.
They should be able to assist you in selecting the appropriate boxes according to the size of the product and equipment you wish to ship.
- For each box, the maximum size of each allowed to be shipped by DHL (45 cm (L) x 35 cm (H) x 48 cm (W) or 18 inches(L) x 14 inches(H) x 19 inches(W))
- The maximum weight for each box is 25 kilograms (kg) or 55 lbs per box.
- Tape all of the seams on the bottom and top of the box shut with generous amounts of durable, wide (approximately 0.05 meters/2-inch or greater) packaging tape. Avoid using cellophane, masking or duct tape or string or rope to seal the boxes.
If you are using old boxes, ensure they are clean enough to allow tape to adhere, and that all old addresses or shipping labels are removed on the boxes.
Step 2: How to ship your Apple-branded electronic products in the box(es)
Please note that some electronic products and equipment contain Hazardous Materials. We recommend that you follow the shipping instructions on how to package the Apple-branded products and equipment to reduce any chances of damage to the products/equipment and exposure of hazardous materials during the shipping process.
- Place electronic products in the box(es), surrounding them with generous amounts of cushioning material (such as bubble wrap, foam, newspaper, etc.) on the bottom, top, and sides.
- If shipping only a notebook/laptop computers or LCD monitors, wrap them in bubble wrap packaging to reduce any damage to the LCD displays. Write "Fragile" on the box with a durable marker.
- Do not send products or equipment that have been disassembled or monitors with cracked or broken glass. Li Tong does not accept loose batteries.
Step 3: Seal and label your box(es)
- Tape the bottom and top of the box shut with generous amounts of durable, wide (approximately 0.05 meters/2-inch or greater) packaging tape. Avoid using cellophane, masking or duct tape or string or rope to seal the box. If you are using old boxes, ensure they are clean enough to allow tape to adhere.
- Attach the DHL prepaid shipping label to the outside of the box.
- Label your boxes by writing on them or attaching a label that says "Apple Product Recycling Center". You do not need to write either "To" or "From" addresses on the boxes.
- For shipments of multi-boxes, please print on the each of the boxes the number of boxes (example: 1-of-3, 2-of-3, 3-of-3, ect.).
- Print your e-mail confirmation and prepaid DHL shipping label, then take your boxes to the nearest DHL Service Location.
The following Apple-branded products and equipment are accepted for recycling
- Notebook/Laptop Computers
- Desktop Computers (PCs)
- Wireless Hubs
- External Storage Devices
- CRT/LCD Monitors (working)
- Keyboards, Mice, Scanners, Digital Cameras, Cables, Headsets
- Components (Hard Drives, CPUs, Memory Modules, Video Cards, ect.)
- Communications Devices (Smartphones)
- Portable Media Players (MP3 & MP4, Photo & Video Players)
Li Tong Group does not accept hazardous electronic waste to be recycled, loose batteries, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)/back-up battery systems that contain lead-acid batteries, cathode ray tube (CRT) or LCD monitors that are disassembled, cracked or broken, products that are contaminated or suspected of being contaminated with chemicals, biological agents or other substances that are not integral to the original Apple-branded products to be recycled.
The following products are not accepted for recycling (and are considered as Hazardous Waste)
- Broken CRT Monitors & LCD Monitors with cracked or broken glass
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)/Battery Back-up system that contain lead-acid batteries
- Loose batteries